*Since the payout is based on the currency of the underlying asset of the contract traded, the percentage indicated is approximate and subject to exchange rate fluctuations and conversion methodology - BitMEX reserves the right to adjust calculation methods at its sole discretion.
**For a Referral to be included in this calculation, they must have signed up using the Affiliate’s affiliate link, have completed BitMEX user verification, and completed a successful trade.
***The 3 months period starts from the date when you are accepted as a member of the Affiliate Programme, and each subsequent 3 month period is based from such a starting date.
****For trading in products that are not XBT notional, the XBT value shall be calculated by reference to the applicable BitMEX XBT index set out here.
When you onboard as an Affiliate, we will make use of our own software technologies to determine the number of visitors or followers that affiliates have. That will be the number we’ll use to assign the Community Bonus for the first 3 months.
For example, Paul has a Crypto Blog with 51,000 visitors per month. Paul is automatically assigned to a 35% Commission. Nonetheless, that’s valid ONLY FOR THE FIRST THREE MONTHS when he’s accepted to join the BitMEX Affiliate Programme. To retain his 35% Commission, he will have to either bring >100 new Referrals who have completed the BitMEX user verification process in the first three months he joined or bring enough Referrals to generate >15,000 Bitcoin Notional Traded Volume in that same period. It’s either/or.
At the end of each calendar quarter starting from the date an Affiliate is accepted into the Affiliate Programme, an automatic review of the Affiliate’s performance will be run by BitMEX. Going back to Paul’s example, let’s imagine that at the end of his first quarter, he didn’t deliver either the >100 new Referrals or >15,000 Bitcoin Notional Traded Volume from his Referrals; he will be assigned a new Commission tier accordingly. If Pauls fails to bring at least one new Referral per quarter, he will stop receiving Commission payments until a new Referral is generated. Once a new Referral is generated, regardless of the previous Commission tier that Paul was on, he will revert to the lowest level of 25% for the remainder of that 3 month period, and will only increase to higher levels for the next 3 month period if he satisfies the relevant thresholds set out above.
As mentioned previously, those Affiliates who do not bring at least one new Referral per quarter will have their Commission payments put on hold until a new Referral is registered. Once new Referral(s) are registered, Affiliates will be able to resume Commission payments starting at 25% for new sign ups for the remainder of that 3 month period. The reason for this is that we want Affiliates to be active and to continuously support broadening BitMEX’s user base.
Please note that Commissions shall only be paid on volume from Referrals who are themselves not subject to any reduced fee rates based on trading volume (see here for example). Where such Referrals have reduced fee rates arising from holding BMEX tokens or any other promotion around discounted trading fees, the Commissions shall be calculated by reference to the lower fee rate enjoyed by such Referrals. The Commissions will be based solely on the trading of our spot, perpetual, futures and quanto futures products. These terms are subject to change. The Affiliate payout is processed daily at UTC 12:01.
By clicking the Join the Affiliate Programme, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The term “Affiliates Website” below pertains to an Affiliate’s participating website(s) or online property(ies) include but are not restricted to the Affiliate’s social media channels(s), blog(s), and other online properties.
- The terms “bid” and “outbid” below cover bidding for adwords & display, including but not limited to Google (and all their related search businesses), Facebook (and all their related search businesses), Bing (and all of Microsoft’s related search businesses), Yahoo, Tiktok, Snapchat, and other search engines or social media properties.
- “BitMEX” shall refer to HDR Global Trading Limited and each of its affiliates, as well as the BitMEX business lines owned and operated by HDR Global Trading Limited and its respective affiliates.
- These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The provisions of section 31 of the BitMEX Terms of Service shall apply mutatis mutandis hereunder.
- Any user who receives an Affiliate Link confirms that they are an Affiliate as set out by these terms and agrees to be bound by all of the terms therein.
- Affiliates may never use language such as “official” or any ad copy that may appear that they represent, or in any way act for, BitMEX.
- Affiliates may not register or use any domain name URL which includes the words BitMEX, BMEX, HDR, HDR Group or any variations of these words in any way.
- Affiliates may only use the approved marketing materials produced by BitMEX that includes logos, marketing copies, technical specifications, banners, and product images.
- Affiliates are not permitted to use any form of technology, programming, or scripting to display any contents published by or belonging to BitMEX in another website location or social media account (or any similar online presence) including, but not limited to, the use of iframes.
- Affiliates will be entitled to such commission as set out here. BitMEX’s calculation of any commissions shall be final and binding.
- Affiliates must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in order to participate in the program.
- BitMEX reserves the right to change the program terms, including the commission rates and all other details and requirements for receiving any commissions within these terms , without notice at any time.
- Affiliate undertakes that at all times they will not be a person, and it will not promote its Affiliate link nor BitMEX’s services to potential Referrals, who would not be able to use the BitMEX trading platform and other services provided by BitMEX pursuant to BitMEX’s Restricted Jurisdiction Policy or any other requirements or terms that BitMEX may require from time to time.
- Affiliate’s Website shall not infringe on BitMEX’s or anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Affiliate’s Website shall not violate any law, rule, or regulation.
- Affiliate’s Website and any action taken by any Affiliate shall not breach BitMEX’s Terms of Service, Exchange Rules, Restricted Jurisdiction Policy or any other policy, guideline or other direction made by BitMEX.
- Affiliates will not encourage any person to breach BitMEX’s Terms of Service, Exchange Rules, or any other policy, guideline or other direction made by BitMEX.
- Affiliate’s Website shall not contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography, or sexually explicit materials.
- Affiliate’s Website shall NOT contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Affiliate’s Website shall NOT contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert, or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of Affiliate commissions from another website. This includes toolbars, browser plugins, extensions, and add-ons.
- If a previously commissionable product is no longer going to receive commission, all banners and text links for that product must be removed from the Affiliate’s Website. Any banners and text links will be set to the default commission and affiliates will receive notification about the commission update.
- Affiliates shall not use any variation of the BitMEX name or logo or any URLs owned by BitMEX, including but not limited to www.bitmex.com.
- Affiliates may only use the tracking link / code obtained from BitMEX without manipulation in order to participate in the program.
- Affiliates may publish tracking links in domains listed in their profile / website.
- Affiliate’s Website shall not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel www.bitmex.com or any other online property owned by BitMEX (including but not limited to BitMEX’s social media accounts).
- Media shall not use any means to create the impression that the Affiliate’s Website is the website of BitMEX or any part of the website of BitMEX, including but not limited to, framing of the website of BitMEX in any manner.
- Affiliates shall not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on their website. In addition, wherever possible, Affiliates shall not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
- If an Affiliate is found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, the Affiliate’s current and past commissions will be voided, or the Affiliate’s commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the BitMEX Tracking link is placed.
- Promoting BitMEX through a sub-affiliate network is permitted, however any Affiliate must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from their sub-affiliates originated in order not to be in violation of the above restrictions.
- Affiliates shall not bid on the terms, misspellings, or derivations of the following: BitMEX, BMEX, HDR, HDR Group
- Affiliates shall not outbid BitMEX for the placement of any keywords with the BitMEX trademark or any combinations/misspellings thereof, including broad matches. List includes but is not limited to the following keywords: BitMEX, BMEX, HDR, HDR Group, Perpetual Swap.
- Affiliate shall not bid on the trademarked words “BitMEX” or “BMEX” in any manner, singularly or in any conjunction with, other characters or in combination with other words in the search that may result in a broad match of the words “BitMEX” or “BMEX” singularly.
- Affiliates shall not use the trademarked words “BitMEX” or “BMEX” in any Titles, or the display URL of any paid ads.
- Affiliates shall not directly link from search ads. All paid search ads must link to an Affiliate’s Website landing page
- Affiliates may promote offers to Affiliate’s own lists; more specifically, an Affiliate is welcome to use links on their own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages.
- Affiliates shall not post their affiliate links on BitMEX’s social media accounts (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok etc.) or any company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- Affiliates shall not create social media accounts that include BitMEX’s trademarks and passion brands in the page name and/or username.
- Affiliates must manage all comments on Affiliate’s platform.
- Affiliates may, only following written confirmation from BitMEX, use the BitMEX logo, brand assets and other brand materials in their social media promotions only as specified by BitMEX.
- Affiliates must include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for this Affiliate Program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise. For more information about guidelines and guidance notes for Interactive Marketing Communications & Social Media, please review it here.
- BitMEX reserves the right to reverse orders or lead actions due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, suspected reseller activity, suspected fraudulent or illegal activity, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
- If BitMEX asks an Affiliate for clarification or more information on any orders, lead actions, or clicks that BitMEX suspects may be in violation of these terms and conditions, Affiliate will respond in a timely and honest manner.
- BitMEX reserves the absolute right to reverse orders, set Affiliate’s commission to 0% or suspend Affiliate from the program for the period of orders in question. It is incumbent upon each Affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate systems in place to proactively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
- BitMEX may terminate Affiliate’s involvement in the BitMEX Affiliate Program at its sole discretion.
- While an attempt to communicate with an Affiliate suspected of being in violation will likely be made, BitMEX is under no obligation to inform violators of the above terms and conditions that they are being made inactive from the program.
- Any earnings reported from sales while violating these terms will not be paid.